Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Chepaukil malai kaalam !

Chepaukil mazhai kaalam (Rainy season in Chepauk Cricket Stadium)!

I was in chennai to watch the ODI match between IND & SA, I was happy that I will be witnessing the history in the making.

1. Tendulkar's 357th Match
2. IND VS SA first ever match in chennai
3. My 5th ODI in Chennai (as a Cricket fan).

But I ended up in creating a hatrick for myself.

1. OCT 2003---IND VS NZ Daynight match watch was abandoned due to rain after 16 overs.
2. OCT 2004---IND VS AUS Final day of Test match abandoned due to rain.
3. NOV 2005---IND VS SA Daynight match watch was abandoned due to rain before the start of play.
.
.
.
4. 2005 --IND VS SRI Test match ---waiting for the match....The rain was unable to stop the cricket fans. They Drenched in rain waiting in long queues to get into the stadium to watch the match and they managed to get inside.but the umpires called off the match. I was in the stadium for 30 mins after the match was abandoned. I was singing a Poem in my mind.

"Rain Rain go away;
come again another day;
IND & SA needs to play;
Rain Rain go away."


I felt myself as a kid when i was inside the stadium waving hands and shouting towards the players. but it was of no help. The rain spoiled a nice occasion. but the rain cannot stop from watching the cricket match. I am ready to but tickets and watch the match eventhough I have lost my money 3 times.

The organisers have announced the match was called off by the umpires and they regret for the inconvenience caused. but what about the money they earned from the tickets and Advt rights. Does anyone have answer for this questions. Well the TNCA has announced that they will look into this. The cricket fans were made fools. I am also one among them as I travelled from Bangalore to chennai to enjoy the match.

After the match was cancelled I went for shopping in Higginbothams where I hunt for books whenever I go to chennai.. This time I got some good books. The same night I was forced to return to bangalore as I had some work in Bangalore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home